Imagine if Batman and Superman finally put aside their differences and teamed up… simply put, it just wouldn’t be fair to other superheroes. While SketchDeck and ON24 aren’t joining forces to fight crime (at least not yet), we have gotten together to form a best-in-the-business 1-2 punch when it comes to webinars.
After all, a webinar needs two things to succeed: effective design and a great platform. Cut corners on design and you risk your message getting lost in a sea of bad color choices and inexplicable fonts. Choose the wrong platform and your webinar can become hard to follow, casting a bad light on your brand.
Luckily you don’t have to do either, because SketchDeck and ON24 are here to save the day! Read on for tips on how to create top-notch webinars using two top-notch platforms.
Back before we were all too familiar with the term “global pandemic”, more and more businesses were already moving their presentations online. Flex hours, employees working remotely, and ever-rising travel costs added up to in-person presentations not always making a lot of sense–or cents.
Enter the web seminar, better known as the webinar. With this new presentation format came a whole new set of considerations.
For starters, marketers can’t “read the room” and adjust accordingly when they don’t share the same physical space with their audience. In addition, they also can’t control how the webinar is consumed. Will their audience be in a conference room with 20 coworkers? Watching on an iPad with their feet in the sand? Or maybe on a laptop with a screaming five-year-old competing for their attention?
Regardless of their surroundings, you should “think outside the slide”. Focus on not only the presentation, but the full experience–use tools like a webinar portal, signup materials, event microsite, and follow-up emails to immerse them in your brand. Webinars have to work hard for their audience’s attention, so it’s important to control what you can.
Also be cognizant that once the webinar launched it out into the digital stratosphere, it takes on a life of its own. It will more than likely get shared, sometimes in its entirety and sometimes sliced and diced as screengrabs. A slide with your brand’s logo could end up just about anywhere, which is why it’s crucial to make sure your design remains true to the core tenets of your brand identity.
Treat every facet of your webinar as if it might end up on its own somewhere and design accordingly. Our webinars article has all the advice you’ll need to keep every piece of webinar collateral on brand and on point. But there’s also another way to do it–with SketchDeck and ON24.
The SketchDeck design process
If you’re in need of professional design, the superheroes at SketchDeck are here for you. We’ve developed a rock-solid process to keep webinar projects on track and on budget. Here’s a summary of how it works:
- Project brief. This is where we collect all the fuel needed to make the engine hum. You share your project goals and desired deliverables in our platform to give us an idea of your vision.
- Review. Step 2 is where we make sure your project is set up for success. Once we’re all comfortable with the direction things are headed in, your project is custom-matched to the right designer(s) and team.
- Design samples. Step 3 is another important checkpoint–one where we make sure we’re all speaking the same visual language. Delivered to you between 12 and 48 hours later, this is where the look and feel of your webinar starts to take shape.
- First round of design. The design collaboration process now begins in earnest. You’ll have a chance to give feedback directly on the design in our platform, and work with our team to start fine-tuning the details.
- Iterate until completion. We will continue to iterate on the chosen design, dotting the Is and crossing the Ts until you are thrilled with the finished project.
How we pair with ON24
With over 4 billion engagement minutes per year, ON24 is a global leader in the creation of virtual event experiences. The ON24 platform powers live, personalized experiences anywhere and anytime. Here are just a few of the reasons why ON24 continues to be the most innovative solution for creating amazing experiences:
- The live experience capabilities they offer. Their award-winning software brings audience interactivity and insight together, all in real-time.
- The ON24 engagement hub. They provide a single destination to seamlessly manage and deliver multimedia content.
- The personalized possibilities they offer. Your business is unique, which is why ON24 will help you develop personalized landing pages that are built specifically for your audience, from account-based engagement to sales enablement.
For all of these reasons and more, we joined forces with ON24 to create immersive online experiences. Here’s a look at what our typical ON24 webinar package includes, using a webinar we designed: Securly’s Guide to Scaling Customer Success Though Digital Engagement.
- Event lobby page. As the name suggests, this is where you welcome your audience to your webinar. They see the lobby before they see the presentation, so it’s important to make a good first impression.
- Event console. This is the “home page” of your webinar. It includes all the key components you need for a great presentation: video window(s), Q&A, resource list, speaker bios, and more.
- Social ad. You need eyeballs, and targeted social ads are a great way to get them. A good ad will have the same branded look and feel as your presentation, include a registration link, and spell out the important details.
- Email. Typically sent both before and after the event, emails remain a great way to stay in touch with an existing audience base as well as reach out to the new converts. As with social ads (and all of your collateral), emails should have the same branded look and feel as your presentation.
ON24 webinar design deliverables
Now that you’ve seen what we can do, here’s a look at the available ON24 webinar packages:
Note: Prices below are for new designs–you’ll see a significant reduction in costs on subsequent projects that follow the previous style, typically 50% or more.
- 15-25 slide presentation
5-10 days to first full design*
$3,450 (30 credits)
Lobby & console
- Webinar thumbnail
- Lobby hero image
- Console background
- Engagement tool icons
- Video title card
5-10 days to first full design*
$2,875 (25 credits)
- Elite lobby page
- Email header
- Display/social ads (2 creatives, 8 sizes)
5-10 days to first full design*
$4,025 (35 credits)
Plus, a chart to further illustrate:
Want to get started?
If you’re a new client, visit us at sketchdeck.com/get-started to either schedule a call with our team or create a project account to get started straight away. If you’ve worked with us before, you know the drill–simply fill out a webinar project brief with your vision!
Remember–it’s a wide, wild world of virtual presentation content out there, and it’s no longer enough to just send a video conference link and choose a clever background. When you move your presentation online you move your brand online, so make sure that every component of your webinar sends the right message. If you want to break through, utilize the superpowers of SketchDeck’s design team and ON24’s hosting service–we’re here to save the day!